Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Year In A Nutshell

In God's grace, I have learned a few things: Faith, hope and love. I can hold onto these for the rest of my life and they have completely changed the way I am and live my life.
 Faith. Faith in prayer and of moving mountains. (Mat 17:20, Luke 17:6), giving all glory to the Father for his great and wonderous works, even before seeing the fruit of his mighty hand. That is this faith.
 Hope. Hope in God's words and in him alone. I cannot put hope in family, friends, the church, or just in man in general. They all will let me down. (Rom 3:23) I have learned that my hope is in God's promises. I put my hope in Your word, Lord. These I hold onto. I wait on You.
 Love. I have learned to love the people that fill this world. (Mark 12:29-31, Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15-16). I finally understand what it means to be in this world but not of it. I want to live a life taking up the call Jesus gave his disciples before ascending into heaven. The Lord God has given us areas in our life to be in the world. May we not forsake these. Whether it's our job, our neighborhood, our clubs or hobbies, our sports and activities, school, whatever. This is our mission field. I am on a mission to love God and love our neighbors, to make disciples of all nations, giving them the real hope in Jesus. The world needs Jesus and real, loving friends/people (not church, but the church).
Please join me...

God, wherever You take me and my family, I will reach out to those that are around me in Jesus name and love. May I be fearless, wreckless in love, compassionate, as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. Amen.